If your proposed development is located within certain local government areas, you can create an account on the NSW Planning Portal and submit your DA online.
As well as submitting your DA, the portal allows you to:
- upload additional information if requested by the council
- track the progress of your application.
Check the eligibility requirements to see if your council is using the NSW Planning Portal.
What you'll need
- statement of environmental effects
- owner's consent
- cost estimate report.
During the application process you may be requested to upload further documents to support your application.
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Create an account on, or log into, the NSW Planning Portal.
- Enter the required information.
- Complete the payer details.
- Upload the requested documentation.
- Review and confirm all the information you've provided.
- Complete the declarations.
- Submit your application.
The property you wish to develop needs to be within the following local government areas:
- Armidale Regional Council
- Blue Mountains City Council
- Byron Shire Council
- Camden Council
- Campbelltown Council
- Coffs Harbour City Council
- Cowra Shire Council
- Lake Macquarie Council
- Lane Cove Council
- Northern Beaches Council
- Penrith City Council
- Sutherland Shire Council.
- If your council is not yet using the NSW Planning Portal, contact them directly to find out how to submit your DA.
- If you're opening or expanding a small business and would like help with your development application, or the various licences and permits that are required, visit Making business easier.
Things to keep in mind...
- once submitted, your DA will be referred to the relevant council
- you're not required to make a payment until council has assessed your application
- you can monitor the status of your application by logging in to the planning portal
- files in the following formats are acceptable for uploading:
- if you want to withdraw your application, contact the relevant council and they'll amend the status of your application for you.