If you're applying for a Development Application (DA) for a proposed development, you'll need to create an account on the NSW Planning Portal and complete your application online.
Before beginning an application, you should contact your local council to discuss any local requirements.
What you need
- statement of environmental effects
- owner's consent
- cost estimate report.
During the application process you may be requested to upload further documents to support your application.
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Create an account on, or log into, the NSW Planning Portal.
- Enter the required information.
- Complete the payer details.
- Upload the requested documentation.
- Review and confirm all the information you've provided.
- Complete the declarations.
- Submit your application.
Note: You may need to pay planning portal service fees during the application process which are different to the lodgement and assessment fees.
- you can monitor the status of your application by logging in to the planning portal
- files in the following formats are acceptable for uploading:
Last updated: 1 November 2022