If you want to find out if a parcel of land can be developed, you can request a zoning certificate (also known as a section 10.7 planning certificate).
This certificate provides information on any controls, requirements and restrictions that may impact how a property is used; for example, if it is heritage-listed.
Zoning certificates are issued by your local council. They can be applied for online via the NSW Planning Portal, either:
- when you start your development application (DA) or complying development certificate (CDC), or
- as a standalone application.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account or your Planning Portal login details
- your payment.
How to apply
- Check with your local council to ensure it is accepting online applications through the Planning Portal.
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Select ‘Log in with a Service NSW account’ or enter your Planning Portal login details.
- Follow the prompts to complete your application, either:
- as a standalone application, or
- by connecting to an existing DA/CDC application.
Note: If you’d like a step-by-step guide, download 10.7 planning certificates – PDF.
If you need help using the section 10.7 planning certificate online service, please email the ePlanning support team at firstname.lastname@example.org