Fossicking is looking for and collecting gems or minerals with hand tools. This includes looking for gold using metal detectors or pans.
You must have a permit to fossick in a NSW state forest, and you can apply for one online.
- Individuals or families who want to fossick in a NSW state forest.
- If you’re fossicking in a group or club, each person or family must have a permit.
What you need
- your personal details
- your residential address
- your payment
- credit card.
How to apply
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Select ‘Start’.
- Select the area you want to fossick in.
- Complete the online application form.
- Agree to the conditions.
- Enter your payment details.