Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


A private mooring licence is an annual licence that allows you to moor your vessel on navigable waters. You can apply for a private mooring licence in person at a service centre, or by posting your application. There's a fee attached to this application, and depending on availability, your request may be put on a priority waiting list.

Note: There are savings available for pensioners.


  • the registered owner of the vessel to be attached to the mooring.

You may be eligible for a 50% discount on the licence fee if you:

  • hold one of the following:
    • NSW Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)
    • DVA Gold card endorsed with: 
      • TPI (Totally & Permanently Incapacitated)
      • EDA (Extreme Disablement Adjustment)
      • war widow/er.
  • have evidence from the DVA confirming:
    • you receive a disability pension of 70% or higher or an intermediate pension, or
    • you've been assessed at 50 or more impairment points.

What you need

  • the mooring location required
  • your personal and contact details
  • your concession details (if applicable)
  • your vessel's details
  • a recent photo of the vessel
  • your full proof of identity documents, if mailing your application
  • your representative's details and proof of identity (if applicable)
  • an authorised signatory as specified on the form (if applicable)
  • your payment
  • the PDF form – 'Application for a Private Mooring Licence'.

How to apply

  1. Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
  2. Complete, print and sign the form.
  3. Gather the required information.
  4. Submit your application with payment, in person at a service centre, or post it to:

    Maritime Product Services
    Locked Bag 5100
    Camperdown NSW 1450

More information

  • The vessel must be at least 5.2 metres in length, unless otherwise approved by Transport for NSW.
  • Concessions (if applicable) are only available for vessels used solely for recreational purposes.
  • The photo of the vessel must accompany your application.

To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Private moorings at Transport for NSW.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

You'll be taken to another website.