If you hold a valid concession card, you can apply online to redirect your mail, for a reduced rate.
Holders of the following concession cards will need to apply in person at a Post Office:
- Department of Veterans' Affairs Card
- MyPost Concession Card
- Norfolk Island Social Services Card
- Veterans' Repatriation Health Card.
You'll also need to apply at a Post Office if you:
- want to redirect mail overseas
- are applying on behalf of a deceased estate.
You're able to apply online if you hold (or you’re listed as a dependant on) a:
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- Health Care Card (all types)
- Pensioner Concession Card.
What you need
- new and old address details
- your contact details
- name of each person redirecting mail
- your proof of identity documents
- your concession card
- payment (visit the Australia Post website for fees).
How to apply
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Complete the online form.
- Enter your proof of identify details.
- Enter payment details.
- Submit the form.
If you’re unable to apply online:
- Download and complete the Application to redirect mail form – PDF.
- Gather your supporting documentation.
- Visit a Post Office and submit your application with payment.
- Allow 3 full working days to process your application before your mail redirection can start.
- You may be eligible for a free 12-month mail redirection if you're in charge of a deceased estate or a victim of domestic violence or natural disaster.
Last updated: 29 November 2022