If you’ve moved to a new house, you can apply online to redirect your mail from your old address to your new one.
You cannot apply online if you:
- want to redirect mail overseas
- are applying on behalf of a deceased estate.
Note: If you hold a concession card, please visit Apply to redirect personal mail as a concession card holder.
You must be at least 18 years old.
What you need
- new and old address details
- your contact details
- name of each person redirecting mail
- your proof of identity documents
- payment (visit the Australia Post website for fees).
How to apply
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Complete the online form.
- Enter your proof of identify details.
- Enter payment details.
- Submit the form.
If you’re unable to apply online:
- Download and complete the Application to redirect mail form – PDF.
- Gather your supporting documentation.
- Visit a Post Office and submit your application with payment.
- Allow 3 full working days to process your application before your mail redirection can start.
- You may be eligible for a free 12-month mail redirection if you're in charge of a deceased estate or a victim of domestic violence or natural disaster.
Last updated: 29 November 2022