If you'd like to operate a safari tour business, guiding or providing guides for those wanting to hunt deer and other game animals, you'll need a safari tour permit. You can apply for this permit via mail.
What you need
- proof of identity for you, and each employee
- your business details (if applicable)
- details of where you propose to conduct safari tours
- details of the game being hunted
- details of your firearm safe storage facilities
- details of the firearm safe handling instructions that will be provided to participants
- a copy of prior written permission from the owner of any land on which you propose to conduct safari tours
- a copy of the firearms safety training certificate/licences for you, and each employee (if applicable)
- a copy of your Partnership Agreement (if applicable)
- the PDF form – 'Operate Safari Tour Permit – Legitimate Reason'
- the PDF form – 'Application for a Firearms Permit'
- the PDF form – 'Business Declaration' (if applicable)
- the PDF form – 'Application for a Person to be Authorised on a Firearms Permit' (if applicable).
How to apply
- Download, complete and print:
- Operate Safari Tour Permit - Legitimate Reason – PDF
- Application for a Firearms Permit – PDF
- Business Declaration – PDF (if applicable)
- Application for a Person to be Authorised on a Firearms Permit – PDF (if applicable)
- Attach all supporting documents, and post your application to:
Locked Bag 1
Murwillumbah NSW 2484
- Each applicant and/or person listed in each of the application forms needs to provide valid identity documents as detailed on the Factsheet - 100 point identification