A tattoo parlour operator licence allows you to run a body art tattooing business in NSW. If you operate this business and also perform tattooing procedures at the premises, you don't need a separate tattooist licence.
You can apply for a tattoo parlour operator licence online using your credit card. Alternatively, you can visit a service centre.
- you must be at least 18 years of age and an Australian citizen or resident
- you must not be a controlled member of a declared organisation
- you don't need a licence if you only perform cosmetic tattooing procedures, which are procedures performed:
- for the purpose of providing eyeliner, eyebrow or any other permanent make-up effect, or
- by a medical practitioner for a medical reason (eg. to hide, disguise or correct a medical condition or post-operative outcome).
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit NSW Fair Trading.
What you need
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Log in or create an account.
- Complete the form with all relevant details.
- Enter your payment details.
- Submit form according to the instructions.
- Visit a police station to have your finger and palm prints taken, if requested.