If you want to sell recreational fishing licences at your place of business, you'll need to apply to become an accredited fishing licence agent. You can obtain a new agent application pack by calling 13 77 88 and posting your application to the Department of Primary Industries (DPI). The DPI will notify you of its decision within 10 working days of receiving your application.
- If you wish to become an agent you must have a registered Australian Business Number and provide it with your application. Standard agents must pay a bond and be registered for GST.
- In accordance with Section 18K(1)(b) of the Privacy Act 1988, for the purpose of assessing an application to become an agent, all agents must agree to the DPI seeking credit information from a credit reporting agency.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Department of Primary Industries.
What you need
- a new agent application pack
- your personal details
- your business details
- 3 written references vouching for your business integrity, one of which must be from your usual business bank
- names and addresses of your referees
- Australian Business Number (ABN)
- standard agents will need to pay a bond and be registered for GST.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Obtain and complete your new agent application pack.
- Attach all supporting documents.
- Post your application to:
NSW Department of Primary Industries – Recreational Licensing
Locked Mail Bag 3020
Nowra NSW 2541.
Last updated: 13 January 2022