All employers in NSW who expect to pay annual wages over $7500 to workers, or who have an apprentice, must have:
- a workers compensation policy
- an injury reporting system, and
- an effective return to work program.
A worker is someone who receives wages or commission, regardless of the number of hours worked each week. Your business might employ or hire workers on a regular, casual or contract basis.
A workers compensation insurance policy insures employers against the cost of supporting workers in the event of a workplace injury, illness or disease. These costs can include:
- weekly benefits
- medical and hospital expenses
- rehabilitation services
- certain personal items, and
- lump sum payments for death or permanent impairment.
You can apply for a workers compensation policy through an icare appointed insurance agentVisit icare workers insurance