Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


If your child is unable to attend a local government school because of geographical isolation, disability or special needs, you may be eligible for help through the Assistance for Isolated Children scheme (AIC). 

To be eligible, your child must meet the living, age and study requirements and either:

  • be geographically isolated
  • be living with disability
  • have special education needs
  • have no reasonable access to a government school. 

Your child’s living arrangements will determine which allowance or supplement you get.

You can apply for the AIC through Services Australia.

You'll be taken to another website.