Wheelchair Book & Ride is a booking service for wheelchair accessible taxis in the Sydney metropolitan area. If you are unable to access public transport because you use a wheelchair, you can book a wheelchair accessible taxi online.
What you need
- your details
- pick-up address
- drop-off address
- booking time
- number of wheelchair passengers and any additional passengers.
When you book online, you can specify:
- a booking for a later date (you can book up to 28 days in advance)
- the number of people in your booking and how many have wheelchairs
- instructions for the driver.
How to book
- Select the 'Book online' button.
- Fill out the online form including your contact details, passenger information, pick-up and drop-off addresses and any instructions for the driver.
- Select if booking under the Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme (TTSS).
- Select if you would like to receive an SMS notification about your booking.
- Select 'Book' to complete the booking.
If you're unable to book online, you can book over the phone on 139 000.
- The taxi bookings and general enquiries phone line on 139 000 is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Bookings are accepted subject to availability
- You can change or cancel an existing booking online, or over the phone
- There are no booking fees when booking
- Passengers will pay the driver at the end of the journey
- The booking service is only available in the Sydney metropolitan area. Contact your local taxi service operator for trips outside of Sydney.
- You can use the Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme for the Wheelchair Book & Ride service.