If you want to hunt in a state forest you need to complete additional online training before you'll be able to access the booking system. When you've successfully completed the two training modules you can then apply for 'written permission' to hunt on declared public land.
You can apply for written permission, online.
You're eligible to apply for written permission if you:
- hold a NSW R-licence, and
- you've completed the additional training required.
What you need
- your NSW R-licence number
- your security PIN (issued to you with your licence)
- your vehicle details – make, model, colour and registration number
- your dog details – breed, sex, colour, microchip number (if applicable).
How to book
- Select the 'Book online' button.
- Enter your NSW R-licence number.
- Enter your security PIN.
- Select 'Public Land Hunting written permission application'.
- Follow the online prompts to complete your application.
- You won't be able to print your written permission until you've downloaded the GPS map data for the area you'll be hunting in.
- To enable the Forestry Corporation of NSW (FCNSW) to schedule work in and around forests where hunting occurs, a one clear day provision applies, but only to the first 'written permission' for each state forest. Hunters can book and hunt on the same day, rather than waiting a day, if a licence holder is already hunting in that particular forest.
- For help with your security PIN, please phone the Game Licensing Unit on (02) 6391 3750. You'll need to confirm some personal information before you can be provided with the PIN.