NSW TrainLink operates regional and intercity train and coach services to more than 365 destinations in NSW, Queensland, the ACT and Victoria. Some booking restrictions are in place to ensure people who live in regional New South Wales can get seats, but in most cases, you're able to book online up to 6 months in advance.
What you'll need
- your name and email address
- your concession ID if you're booking a concession fare
- your passport if you're an international visitor
- your credit or debit card
- a printer (if applicable).
How to book
- Check how far in advance you can book.
- Select the 'Book online' button.
- Choose ‘One way’ or ‘Return’ travel.
- Enter your origin, destination and preferred travel dates.
- Choose your passenger type and concession type (if applicable).
- If travelling with more than one passenger, select ‘Add passenger’.
- Select 'Search'.
- Choose your preferred trip.
- Select 'Select this trip'.
- Enter the customer details, contact details and any special requests.
- Select 'Go to secure payment'.
- Complete your payment.
- Receive confirmation (a copy will also be sent by e-mail).
- Print your booking confirmation, or display it on your mobile phone or device, to use as your ticket.
Online booking is available for:
- adults (full fare)
- children (half fare and child $1 fare)
- students (half fare)
- tertiary students wishing to travel on a Study fare
- Seniors Card holders
- holders of NSW half fare entitlement cards (job seekers)
- holders of Former Employees Concession Fare Authority
- travel passes
- NSW TrainLink accredited travel agents
- corporate accounts
- Country Pensioner Excursion tickets
- NSW and Victorian Pensioner Travel Voucher
- if using Pensioner Travel Vouchers, you'll need NSW TrainLink registration details for each voucher holder
- NSW Trains and Sydney Trains employees and former employees
- if you're a NSW Trains or Sydney Trains employee you'll need NSW TrainLink registration details (obtained beforehand by presenting your employee travel pass at a NSW TrainLink Travel Centre).
Online booking is not available for:
- sleeping accommodation
- customers who wish to transport a bicycle, surfboard or snowboard
- people who require special assistance onboard (wheelchairs, vision impaired etc)
- holders of Ex Member of Defence Forces passes
- groups of more than 9 people.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit NSW TrainLink.
Things to keep in mind...
- Print your booking confirmation and carry it on your journey as your ticket, or be able to display it on your mobile phone or other electronic device.
You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.