NSW TrainLink has train services to more than 365 destinations in NSW, Queensland, the ACT and Victoria. Some booking restrictions are in place to ensure people who live in regional New South Wales can get seats, but in most cases, you'll be able to book travel up to 180 days in advance, online.Book online
Book NSW TrainLink travel
- Check how far in advance you can book.
- Select the 'Book online' button.
- Enter your origin, destination, preferred travel dates, and number of people travelling.
- Select 'Search'.
- Choose which trip(s) and fare(s).
- Select 'Select this trip'.
- Select 'Go to secure payment'.
- Enter the passenger details, contact details and any special requests.
- Complete your payment.
- Receive confirmation (a copy will also be sent by e-mail).
- Print your booking confirmation, or display it on your mobile phone or device, to use as your ticket.
Online booking is available for:
- adults (full fare)
- children (half fare and child $1 fare)
- students (half fare)
- tertiary students wishing to travel on a Study fare
- Seniors Card holders
- holders of NSW half fare entitlement cards (job seekers)
- holders of Former Employees Concession Fare Authority
- travel passes
- NSW TrainLink accredited travel agents
- corporate accounts
- Country Pensioner Excursion tickets
- NSW and Victorian Pensioner Travel Voucher
- if using Pensioner Travel Vouchers, you'll need NSW TrainLink registration details for each voucher holder
- NSW Trains and Sydney Trains employees and former employees
- if you're a NSW Trains or Sydney Trains employee you'll need NSW TrainLink registration details (obtained beforehand by presenting your employee travel pass at a NSW TrainLink Travel Centre).
Online booking is not available for:
- sleeping accommodation
- passengers who wish to transport a bicycle, surfboard or snowboard
- people who require special assistance onboard (wheelchairs, vision impaired etc)
- holders of Ex Member of Defence Forces passes
- groups of more than nine people.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit NSW TrainLink.Book online
For online or phone transactions, you can pay with:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
For transactions in person at a service centre, you can pay with:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa or American Express*).
Please note that you may need to pay a merchant fee when paying by credit or debit card.
* Unfortunately, some locations may not accept American Express.Book online