If you want to cancel your liquor licence permanently, you need to submit a completed surrender liquor licence form using the Liquor Licence Manager.


  • Anyone aged 18 years or over who currently holds a NSW liquor licence.

What you need

  • liquor licence number
  • liquor licence name
  • personal details of licensee (if an individual)
  • ABN, ACN, Y/Inc of licensee (if an organisation)
  • reason for surrendering the licence
  • date the premises stopped trading
  • representative's name and contact details (if applicable)
  • signed declaration of applicant (either individual or organisation)
  • consent and signature of the:
    • premises owner/s (either individual or organisation) 
    • business owner/s (either individual or organisation), if applicable
    • licensee/s (individual or organisation), if surrendering a club licence.

How to cancel

  1. Select the 'Cancel online' button.
  2. Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
  3. Follow the prompts to cancel a liquor licence.
  4. Attach supporting documents.
  5. Submit your application with payment.

More information

  • If there is any liquor stored on the premises, you need to state how it will be disposed of.
  • The declarations of consent must be signed by the appropriate office holders of any organisations, in accordance with section 127 of the Corporations Act 2001.
  • If the licence being cancelled holds gaming machine entitlements (GMEs), and/or poker machine permits (PMPs), they must be transferred to other clubs and/or hotels within 12 months of the licence cancellation date.
  • If GMEs and PMPs are not transferred within the designated 12 months, they'll be forfeited, unless a levy is paid to the Authority to secure a further 12 month period before forfeiture.
Last updated: 28 November 2023