With the latest COVID-19 health advice to stay home, we strongly advise you to use our website or call 13 77 88, rather than visit a service centre. Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.

Stay home: use online transactions or call 13 77 88
COVID-19 assistance

Text size


If you've changed your name, you'll need to visit a service centre within 14 days to record your new name on your licence, vehicle and vessel details.

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • your original change of name document, for example one of the following:
    • marriage certificate
    • change of name certificate
    • birth certificate showing your name at birth and your new name
    • divorce document showing the name you're changing back to
  • your licence card and registration papers (if applicable)
  • your Change of Records form (you can prefill this or complete at your Service Centre).

How to change

  1. Gather all your required documents.

  2. Visit a service centre and submit your application.