COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. For assistance visit COVID-19.

Text size


If you've ever changed your name, address, or job, there's a possibility you may have lost track of some of your super.

In certain circumstances, superannuation funds are required to transfer super money to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) as 'unclaimed' super or 'lost members'.

If you meet the criteria required, and the ATO is holding super for you, you'll be able to transfer the money to a fund, or withdraw the balance, by linking the ATO to your myGov account.

What you need

  • a myGov account linked to the ATO.

How to check

  1. Select the 'myGov' button.
  2. Log into, or create a myGov account.
  3. Link it to the ATO.
  4. Follow the prompts to check if the ATO is holding any super for you.

If you don't wish to check online, you can download and complete Searching for lost super – PDF and post it to:

Australian Taxation Office
PO Box 3578
Albury NSW 2640

More information

Your super fund will report you as a lost member if:

  • they haven't been able to contact you
  • they haven't received any contributions or rollover amounts for you in the last 5 years
  • your account was transferred from another fund as a lost member account and no new address has been found.

Unclaimed super money can be:

  • for a member 65 years old or older
  • a non-member spouse
  • for a deceased member
  • money of former temporary residents
  • certain accounts belonging to lost members, such as:
    • small lost member accounts
    • insoluble lost member accounts.

The Office of State Revenue holds:

  • unclaimed super lodged in funds from 1 July 1997 to 30 June 2007, or
  • from 1 July 2007, benefits from NSW public sector superannuation funds.
You'll be taken to another website.