If you've applied online for a birth, death, marriage, or replacement change of name certificate, you can also check how your application is progressing, online.
What you'll need
- the email address you entered on your application form
- the online reference number (ORN) that was provided to you during your application (this ORN was also emailed to the address you supplied on the application form).
How to check
- Select the 'Check online' button.
- Under 'Resume Application' select 'Check your order status'.
- Enter your email address and ORN.
- Verify you're not a robot with reCAPTCHA.
- Select 'Submit'.
- You'll need to have made your certificate application online.
Things to keep in mind...
- If you've misplaced your ORN, you can retrieve it by selecting 'Forgotten your ORN?', and then entering your name and email address.