An Opal card reader shows your card balance when you tap on or off.
You can also check the balance on your Opal card at a top up machine, an Opal retailer, on the Opal Travel app, or online.
What you need
- your Opal account username and password, or
- your Opal card number and security code (if your card is unregistered).
How to check
- Select the 'Check online' button.
- Log in to your Opal account, or enter your card number and security code.
- Your balance should now be displayed on the overview screen.
Transactions on your Opal activity statement are processed within 48 hours.
Last updated: 12 April 2023