If you've applied online for a birth, death, marriage, or replacement change of name certificate, you can also check how your application is progressing, online.

What you need

  • the email address you entered on your application form
  • the online reference number (ORN) that was provided to you during your application (this ORN was also emailed to the address you supplied on the application form).

How to check

  1. Select the 'Check online' button.
  2. Follow the prompts to check the status of your application.

More information

If you've misplaced your ORN, you can retrieve it by selecting 'Forgotten your ORN?', and then entering your name and email address.

Last updated: 2 July 2024

Rate the information on the page