The type of visa you're issued when visiting Australia depends on factors such as the purpose of your visit, or how long you're wanting to stay. If you'd like to check your visa details and conditions, you can do this online through Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO).
Once you're in the VEVO system you can view all your visa information, such as:
- how many hours you're allowed to work
- how many times you're able to enter and leave Australia
- whether you're on a permanent or temporary visa
- whether there are any restrictions or limitations on your visa
- when the visa expires.
What you'll need
- your date of birth
- your passport/ImmiCard number
- your passport's country of issue, and
- one of the following reference types:
- Visa Grant Number
- Transaction Reference Number (TRN)
- Visa Evidence Number, or
- VEVO Password.
How to check
- Select the 'Check online' button.
- Select 'Check your own visa details with VEVO'.
- Choose your reference type.
- Enter the appropriate details.
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Select 'Submit'.
Things to keep in mind...
Your reference type may be a:
- Transaction Reference Number (TRN) if you applied for your visa online or lodged your application through ImmiAccount, and you were the primary applicant
- Visa Grant Number which was on the notification advising you your visa application had been successful
- Visa Evidence Number if you obtained a visa label (hard copy), rather than an electronic visa
- Password if you've contacted VEVO since arriving in Australia.
If you can't find your reference type, call VEVO on 131 881