The type of visa you're issued when visiting Australia depends on factors such as the purpose of your visit or how long you want to stay. If you'd like to check your visa details and conditions, you can do this online through Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO).
Once you're in the VEVO system you can view all your visa information, such as:
- the type of visa
- how long you can stay in Australia
- whether your visa has any restrictions or limitations
- when the visa expires.
What you need
- your date of birth
- your passport/ImmiCard number
- your passport/travel document's country of issue, and
- one of the following reference types:
- Visa Grant Number
- Transaction Reference Number (TRN)
- Visa Evidence Number, or
- VEVO password.
How to check
- Select the 'Check online' button.
- Choose your travel document type.
- Enter the required details.
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Select 'Submit'.
Your reference type may be a:
- Transaction Reference Number (TRN) if you applied for your visa online or lodged your application through ImmiAccount, and you were the primary applicant
- Visa Grant Number, which was on the notification advising you that your visa application had been successful
- Visa Evidence Number if you obtained a visa label (hard copy), rather than an electronic visa
- password if you've contacted VEVO since arriving in Australia.
If you can't find your reference type, contact the Department of Home Affairs.
Last updated: 11 October 2022