The Voluntary Out-of-Home Care (VOOHC) system safeguards the interests of children and young people in voluntary out-of-home care, many of whom have disabilities. The system has been designed to improve the consistency and quality of assessments, case planning, placements, and interagency coordination for the children and young people, and their families.
Parents can locate VOOHC agencies in their areas using the VOOHC Regional Map
The Office of the Children's Guardian is responsible for registering the agencies that provide VOOHC, and monitoring whether children and young people in longer term VOOHC receive the care they need.
All the agencies have secure access to the VOOHC Register online, and can obtain information about each child or young person using VOOHC, including the:
- entry and exit dates for each placement
- total placement days for the last 12 months
- name of the placement agencies
- name of the designated agency supervising placements
- date of the case plan or review
- name of the agency developing the case plan.
If you need to use the VOOHC, use your secure log in details to: