The NSW Government has reformed the compulsory third party (CTP) insurance scheme to reduce the costs of CTP Green slips for vehicle owners, and better support people injured on our roads.
If you were the registered owner of a private vehicle (excluding motorcycles) before December 2017, you may be eligible for a refund of part of your 2017 CTP Green Slip.
Please note: If you're the registered owner of a motor vehicle (excluding motorcycles) now and your CTP insurance policy started from 1 December 2017, you’ll automatically save on your Green Slip premium.
What you'll need
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- your banking details.
If you don’t have an account you can sign up after you select ‘Claim online’.
How to claim
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the ‘Claim online’ button.
- Log into your MyServiceNSW Account, or sign up for an account.
- Follow the prompts to submit your claim.
- Your account will be credited with the refund in 10 working days.
Your CTP insurance policy must have a start date before 1 December 2017.
Your eligibility and refund amount will also vary depending on:
- your type of vehicle (excludes motorcycles)
- location of your vehicle.
Refunds range between $10 and $120. See the table of refund estimates for more detailed information.
Things to keep in mind...
- Refund amounts are calculated on a pro rata basis and subject to an administration fee. The amount you're refunded will depend on when you bought your Green Slip in the 12 months before the new scheme started on 1 December 2017.
- You have until 30 September 2019 to claim your refund.
- If the vehicle is registered under a business name and you have not received a refund cheque in the post, please call 13 77 88.
For more information, visit Green Slip refunds at the State Insurance Regulatory Authority's website.