Energy Made Easy is an Australian Government energy price comparison service for households and small businesses.
The service is free and available in states and territories that have adopted the National Energy Customer Framework (NECF).
Under the NECF, energy retailers are required by law to provide the data for every plan they make available to customers. This means you'll be able to find and compare all the electricity and gas plans of all retailers.
Energy Made Easy provides you with all the information you need to make a decision, and then you contact the retailer of your choice.
Households and small businesses in states and territories that have adopted the NECF are eligible. They include:
- South Australia
What you need
- your typical energy usage, via:
- your meter data (electricity search only)
- a PDF bill
- a paper bill.
How to compare
- Select the 'Compare online' button.
- Select the type of plan you're after.
- Enter your suburb or postcode.
- Select 'Get started'.
- Enter the required information.
- Filter and compare the results.
- You can filter your results to find the right plan for you.
- If you select the 'Electricity and Gas' option for your search, the results will show you plans where both electricity and gas are bundled together by a retailer and offered as a single plan.