As an employer, you must comply with workplace rights and obligations. You have legal and regulatory responsibilities under:
- the federal Fair Work Act 2009
- the National Employment Standards, and
- potentially under awards or enterprise agreements.
The Fair Work Ombudsman has a dedicated section on their website for small businesses, where you can learn about:
- pay, including keeping your records up to date
- employee entitlements, and
- awards and agreements.
To find out more about your rights and obligations as an employer, visit the Small business section on the Fair Work Ombudsman website.Visit Fair Work Ombudsman