COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. For assistance visit COVID-19.

Text size


If you transport livestock by road in NSW, you may be able to enrol in the NSW Livestock Loading Scheme (NSWLLS).

The scheme allows livestock road freight transport businesses to operate with increased mass limits.

Vehicle operators must also comply with measures to:

  • minimise road pavement wear
  • protect vulnerable bridges
  • reduce the incidence of livestock vehicle rollovers. 


  • Operators can apply for enrolment as:
    • a company registered with ASIC, or
    • an individual.
  • Vehicles need to meet the eligible vehicle combinations.

For operators with vehicles registered outside NSW:

  • you don’t need to enrol in the NSW scheme if the vehicle is already enrolled in a state or territory loading scheme
  • you must carry evidence of the state or territory enrolment 
  • you must comply with the NSWLLS vehicle standards, mass limits, and operating conditions when operating in NSW. 

What you need

  • operator's details, including:
    • ACN or ABN 
    • Transport for NSW customer number 
    • registered business or trading name
    • an address where vehicles can be inspected.
  • contact person’s details
  • nominated vehicle details, including:
    • vehicle make 
    • registration number 
    • Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) 
    • Vehicle Identification Number (VIN/chassis number)
    • National Heavy Vehicle Accreditation Scheme (NHVAS) Maintenance Management label number. 

How to enrol

  1. Check you meet the eligibility requirements.
  2. Select the 'Enrol online' button.
  3. Complete and submit the online form.

If you don't wish to apply online, download and complete the NSWLLS Application for Enrolment – PDF and post your application to the address on the form.

More information

  • Drivers operating vehicles enrolled in the scheme must have completed the NSW Livestock Loading Scheme driver training course and carry the NSWLLS Driver Card with them in the vehicle. 
  • All vehicles enrolled in the scheme need to display a NSWLLS label on the vehicle, on the prime mover.
  • Operators need to notify Transport for NSW within 14 days if there are any changes to the vehicle ownership or registration.
  • You can check the online interactive map to find approved NSWLLS routes.
  • Random compliance checks may occur at on-road intercepts, or triggered or random inspections. 
You'll be taken to another website.