The Fair Work Commission is Australia's independent workplace relations tribunal responsible for setting national minimum wages and employment conditions. The Commission also:
- hears unfair dismissal and unlawful termination applications
- resolves general protection claims
- accepts and investigates bullying complaints
- makes changes to pay and entitlements in awards and registered agreements
- approves registered agreements
- makes and changes awards, and
- makes decisions about industrial action and union activity.
The Commission can't provide advice on entitlements under an award or registered agreement, or enforce minimum pay and award entitlements.
Find out more information by visiting the Fair Work Commission website, or call 1300 799 675