If you'd like to make a complaint about the professional conduct, care or treatment provided by a health care practitioner or service provider, you can do this online, by email or post.
Any person can make a complaint about any health service provider in NSW, including:
- registered practitioners, such as doctors, nurses and dentists
- health practitioners, such as massage therapists, naturopaths and psychotherapists
- health service organisations, such as public and private hospitals, clinics and medical centres.
What you need
- your personal and contact details
- name, address and contact details of the service provider or practitioner
- details of your complaint, including a description of what happened, who was involved, and any dates applicable
- any supporting documents (if applicable).
How to lodge
- Select the 'Lodge online' button.
- Follow the prompts to make your complaint.
If you're unable to lodge online, you can complete the Health care complaint form – PDF and send it to the contact details on the form.