If you'd like to make a complaint about the professional conduct, care or treatment provided by a health care practitioner or service provider, you can do this online, by email or post.


Any person can make a complaint about any health service provider in NSW, including:

  • registered practitioners, such as doctors, nurses and dentists
  • health practitioners, such as massage therapists, naturopaths and psychotherapists
  • health service organisations, such as public and private hospitals, clinics and medical centres.

What you need

  • your personal and contact details
  • name, address and contact details of the service provider or practitioner
  • details of your complaint, including a description of what happened, who was involved, and any dates applicable
  • any supporting documents (if applicable).

How to lodge

  1. Select the 'Lodge online' button.
  2. Follow the prompts to make your complaint.

If you're unable to lodge online, you can complete the Health care complaint form – PDF and send it to the contact details on the form.

More information

  • If you need help to write a complaint, contact the Health Care Complaints Commission on 1800 043 159.
  • If you need an interpreter, call Translating and Interpreting Services on 13 14 50 and ask to be connected to the Health Care Complaints Commission. 
Last updated: 15 January 2024