With the latest COVID-19 health advice to stay home, we strongly advise you to use our website or call 13 77 88, rather than visit a service centre. Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.

Stay home: use online transactions or call 13 77 88
COVID-19 assistance

Text size


If you'd like to lodge a complaint about the professional conduct, care or treatment provided by a health care practitioner or a health care service provider, you can do this online. Alternatively, you can lodge your complaint via email, fax or mail.

What you need

  • your personal details
  • name, address and contact details of the service provider or practitioner
  • details of your complaint including a description of what happened, any dates applicable, details of who was involved
  • any supporting documents in relation to your complaint.

How to lodge

  1. Complete the online form, or
  2. Download, print and complete the Health care complaint form – PDF, and send it to the contact details on the form.

More information

Complaints can be lodged about the clinical care and treatment of a patient, or any professional conduct issues regarding:

  • registered practitioners such as doctors, nurses, dentists, pharmacists, psychologists, chiropractors, podiatrists
  • non registered practitioners such as naturopaths, psychotherapists, dieticians, massage therapists and others, or
  • health service organisations such as public or private hospitals, clinics, medical centres, day surgery centres, the Ambulance Service and others.

Complaints can be lodged by:

  • the person who experienced the problem
  • a parent or guardian of the person or child concerned
  • a relative, friend, or representative chosen by the person, or
  • a health service provider or other concerned person.

If you require assistance to write a complaint please contact the Commission's Inquiry Service on Toll Free 1800 043 159.

If English is not your preferred language, please contact the Telephone Interpreter Service on 13 14 50 and ask to be put through to the Commission, on Toll Free 1800 043 159.

To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Health Care Complaints Commission

You'll be taken to another website.