If you use, handle or store hazardous chemicals in the workplace you must comply with the relevant standards, codes of practice, and legislation to manage the work health and safety (WHS) risks.
- managing risks of hazardous chemicals in the workplace code of practice
- managing the work environment and facilities code of practice
- schedule 11 of the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011.
It's also important to keep in mind that:
- if you store, handle or process hazardous chemicals that exceed the quantities specified in the WHS legislation, you must notify SafeWork NSW
- from 31 December 2016, if you manufacture, import or use chemicals, you'll need to comply with the Globally Harmonised System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS).