Licensed importers/exporters of explosives and/or security sensitive dangerous substances (SSDS) must notify SafeWork NSW of any proposed import/export, 5 working days prior to the event.


  • Holders of a licence to import/export explosives and/or SSDS.

What you need

  • your personal and contact details
  • business name (if applicable)
  • your licence number
  • details of the explosives and/or SSDS
  • UN number of the shipment
  • licensed storage location and licence number (if not under your licence)
  • shipping/aircraft details
  • transport details (imports only)
  • the bill of lading/commercial invoice
  • your payment
  • the PDF form – 'Notification of import/export of explosives by vessel or aircraft'.

How to notify

  1. Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
  2. Print and complete the form.
  3. Attach the invoice/bill of lading.
  4. Submit your notification with payment, by mail, email or fax, to the details on the form.
Last updated: 15 November 2023