The NSW Spectacles Program provides glasses and visual aids to eligible recipients who might be at risk of a preventable decline in their eye health.
If you're eligible, you can receive free of charge in any 2-year period :
- one pair of single vision glasses, or
- one pair of bifocal glasses.
Contact lenses, tinted lenses or low vision aids may be provided in certain circumstances.
You are eligible if you:
- receive a full Centrelink pension/benefit
- have no other income other than the Centrelink payments
- have financial assets less than $500 (if single) or $1000 (if married/partnered or parent/guardian)
- are a low-wage earner who earns less than:
- the JobSeeker Payment if you're under 65, or
- the aged pension if you're over 65.
People living in regional/remote areas and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples may also qualify for the subsidy. At your appointment, your provider will use the program’s online portal to check your eligibility using the information you've supplied.
Visit Vision Australia for more details on the program, your eligibility and how to apply.