Your domain name is your website address on the internet. It gives you an online presence, and is an important marketing tool that can help customers find your business.If you don’t yet have a website, you can register your domain name and keep it until you’re ready.
What you need
- a unique web address (keep it easy to remember, spell and pronounce)
- an Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN), if you want a domain name that ends with '.au'
- payment details.
How to register
- Check if your domain name is available using the Business name check tool.
- Select the 'Visit business.gov.au' button and follow the steps.
- The Australian Government's business.gov.au website has more information on how to register a domain name for your business, as well as a tool to check your business name, domain and trade mark.
Last updated: 22 March 2023