Swimming pools must be registered and pool owners can do this online by completing the NSW Swimming Pool Register registration form.
If you prefer, you can pay a fee to your local council and they will register it on your behalf.
What you need
- your name and contact details
- details of your property
- details of your pool
- details of your pool barrier
- the approximate age of your pool
To make sure you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit the NSW Swimming Pool Register.
How to register
- Complete and submit the online form.
- Take note of your 'Submission ID'.
- Use the checklists to self-assess if your pool fence meets the appropriate Australian Standards
- If you need to check the status of your registration please use the Check Property search on the NSW Swimming Pool Register website.