The NSW Government has launched Dine & Discover NSW to support local dining, arts and tourism businesses and encourage the community to get out and about.
All eligible businesses across NSW can now register for the scheme.
Test and pilot
- Before Dine & Discover NSW opens up across the state, the scheme will be tested with a small number of participants at The Rocks and Broken Hill in early February and then piloted with a larger group in Sydney CBD, Northern Beaches and Bega Valley from late February.
- Businesses within these areas that successfully register can expect customers with vouchers during February.
If your business is outside these areas, you can register now and expect customers with vouchers from March when the scheme rolls out across the state.
To register, you must:
- have an active ABN and be registered for GST – ensure your details are correct on the Australian Business Register before registering
- operate in NSW
- be registered as COVID Safe and have a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place
- operate in one of these eligible industries:
- cafés and restaurants
- pubs, taverns, wineries, bars and clubs
- scenic and sightseeing transport
- museums, galleries and historic sites
- zoos, botanic gardens, wildlife parks and nature reserves
- performing arts operations, theatres and entertainment centres
- amusement, theme and water parks
- recreational activities such as go-karting, indoor climbing, mini-golf, billiards, bowling or ice-rinks
- outdoor adventures
- travel agencies and tours.
Eligible voucher activities
Businesses can only redeem Dine & Discover NSW Vouchers used for eligible activities:
- Dine NSW Vouchers - by customers seated at your business for a dine-in meal
- Discover NSW Vouchers - for eligible arts, tourism or recreational activities listed in the eligible industries above. These may be redeemed online for a physical event or attraction.
Ineligible voucher activities
Businesses cannot redeem vouchers for:
- products or services involving alcohol, gambling or tobacco
- cash, even if the full value of the voucher is not redeemed
- online-only services, takeaway and food delivery orders.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- 2 personal identity documents such as an Australian driver licence, Medicare card, Australian Passport
- your business details - Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN), name, address, phone number and industry type.
Important: Your identity document name details must match the name details held with the Australian Business Register for your ABN
- the business bank account details (to receive your payments).
To participate in Dine & Discover NSW you'll also need a phone or tablet to scan and accept vouchers using the Service NSW for business app. Service NSW will provide app details to businesses accepted into the scheme.
How to register
- Select the ‘Register online’ button.
- Log in, or create a MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to register for the scheme.
- If more information to support your registration is required, you'll be notified.
- If you have more than one business, you'll need to register for each one.
- If your business has more than one location under the same business name and ABN, you can only register one location during the test and pilot phase. You'll be able to add other locations when the scheme rolls out across the state.
- After your registration is received, it will be reviewed by Service NSW and you'll be notified of the outcome. This may take up to 5 business days.
- Service NSW will provide successful businesses with full details on how to take part and promote the scheme.
- You'll be able to keep track of voucher payments to your business in your Service NSW Business Profile. Only the person who registered on behalf of your business will be able to access this information.
- Businesses must comply with their COVID-safe plan at all times.