You can begin the passport renewal process online if you're 18 years of age or older and your most recent Australian passport:
- was issued when you were 16 or older
- was valid for at least 2 years when issued
- is still current or expired less than 3 years ago.
If your personal details, such as name and/or sex have changed, you'll need to complete a new passport application.
Australian citizens aged 18 years or over who have, and can present:
- an adult Australian passport, or
- a child Australian passport that was issued when they were 16 years of age or over,
and that passport:
- was valid for at least 2 years when issued, and
- was issued in their current name, date of birth and sex
- is current, or expired less than 3 years ago.
What you need
- the completed renewal application form
- 2 identical photographs of yourself that are no more than 6 months old.