Smoke-free laws ban smoking in all public enclosed indoor areas (like cinemas, shopping centres, libraries and on public transport), as well as in some public outdoor areas.

If you think a smoking ban at an indoor place has been broken, you can report this by contacting your local Public Health Unit.

You will need to provide the details of where the indoor smoking ban was broken, including the:

  • business name and address
  • date and time, and
  • details of what you saw, for example, smoking was being permitted indoors, or the area didn't have sufficient air flow. 

You can also report smoking at an outdoor smoke-free zone online. 

Visit the NSW Health website to learn more about how you can report smoking in an indoor smoke-free zone. 

Last updated: 28 November 2023