NSW Trustee & Guardian’s Will Safe is a secure storage facility for your Will, Power of Attorney and Enduring Guardianship documents.
Having a safe place to store these planning ahead documents is important so they can be easily located in the event of your incapacity or death.
For example, in order to grant probate, the Supreme Court of NSW requires a person’s original Will. If that original copy can’t be found, the starting position of the Court is that the deceased person didn’t have a Will.
An executor may be able to reverse the Court's position, but it can be a very costly exercise.
What you need
How to store your documents
- Select the ‘Get started’ button.
- View your options.
- Request an appointment at your closest NSW Trustee & Guardian location. NSW Trustee & Guardian will then contact you to organise an appointment time.
- Download and complete the Will Safe Deposit form. You can also complete the form at your appointment.
If you’re unable to access the internet, you can make your appointment with NSW Trustee & Guardian by calling 1300 364 103.
- You need to attend the NSW Trustee & Guardian branch or service centre in person to verify your identity and sign the deposit form. No one else can deposit documents on your behalf.
- There is a fee to initially deposit your documents in NSW Trustee & Guardian’s Will Safe, but once deposited, electronic copies are made for added security, and they can be retrieved free of charge when required. You will need to pay to deposit an updated or new document, however.
- Let your executor/solicitor know where your documents are stored.