You'll need to top up your Opal card once an Opal card reader shows it has a 'low balance'.
You can top up at most service centres.
What you need
- your Opal card
- a payment method, such as cash or a credit card.
How to top up
- Select the 'Find an Opal card retailer' button.
- Search for 'Service NSW' to filter the list of available retailers.
- Visit your chosen service centre.
- Select your top up amount.
- Pay with cash or a credit card. Your Opal card will be immediately charged and ready for use.
- If you'd like, you can set up auto top up through your Opal card account. This will automatically recharge your Opal card when the balance reaches a minimum amount. You select the automatic top-up amount.
Last updated: 28 November 2023