If you'd like to top up your Opal card balance, you can do this online.
You can select a one-off top up amount, or set up auto top up. Auto top up will automatically recharge your Opal card when the balance reaches a minimum amount.
What you need
- your Opal card account username and password
- a credit card (VISA, Mastercard) or debit card, attached to your account.
Note: If you'd like to add a card to your account visit Change the billing details for your Opal account.
How to top up
- Select the 'Top up online' button.
- Log in to your Opal account.
- Select the 'Top up' tab on the overview screen.
To make a one-off payment:
- Select 'One off top up'.
- Select your top-up amount.
- Select the 'Top up now' button.
To set up auto top up:
- Select 'Auto top up'.
- Select your auto top-up amount.
- Select 'Turn on auto top up'.
It may take up to 60 minutes before the top up is available for collection at an Opal card reader.
Last updated: 12 April 2023