If your registered Opal card has been lost, stolen or damaged, you can transfer the balance to another Opal card, online.
Transferring the balance automatically blocks the original card, so you won't be able to use it again. It may take up to 24 hours to show the updated balance on your new card.
Note: If you don't have another active card linked to your account, you'll only be able to block the lost, stolen or damaged card. Once you have another Opal card, call 13 67 25 to request that the balance from your blocked card be transferred to your new card.
To transfer the lost or damaged card's balance, you need to have another Opal card linked to your account.
What you need
Your Opal card account username and password.
How to transfer
- Select the 'Transfer online' button.
- Log in to your account.
- Select the 'Manage' tab.
- Select 'Transfer balance of this Opal card'.
- Follow the prompts to block the lost or stolen card and transfer the balance to another card in your account.
- You cannot transfer the balance from an unregistered Opal card.
- Balance transfers and adjustments must be collected by tapping on at an Opal card reader within 60 days.
- Opal cards have a balance limit:
- Adult and Senior/Pensioner – $250
- Concession and Child/Youth – $150.
Last updated: 6 November 2019