If the details of directors, owners or contact personnel within your tobacco/e-cigarette retailing business have changed, you'll need to update the organisation's retailer identification number (RIN). You can do this online.
- A person named on the RIN such as the owner, director or contact person, and whose email address or mobile phone number is recorded on the RIN.
- If there's no email/mobile number assigned to the person on the RIN, then they'll need to call the Tobacco Information Line on 1800 357 412.
What you need
- the RIN
- name registered on the RIN
- the new details.
How to update
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Update online' button.
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Select 'Start'.
- Enter your name and RIN.
- Select 'Next'.
- Follow the prompts to verify your identity.
- Select 'Update Owner/Director/Contact Person'.
- Make the necessary changes.
- Select 'Save'.
- If the tobacco retailing business is changing ownership, a new notification needs to be made for that business. A new RIN will be provided, and the old RIN needs to be cancelled.
- All the tobacco and/or e-cigarette retailing premises within a business can be included under a single notification if they are operating under the same ABN/ACN.