You must update your details on the electoral roll if you’ve changed your:
- residential address
- postal address.
You can change your electoral enrolment details for federal, state or territory, and local government elections on the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) website.
To update your electoral details, you must:
- be enrolled to vote
- have lived at your current address for at least one month.
What you need
- your personal details
- your eligibility details (citizenship status)
- one proof of identity document:
- Australian driver licence
- Australian passport
- another person enrolled to vote who can confirm your identity.
How to update
- Select the ‘Update online’ button.
- Follow the prompts to complete your application.
- Make the declaration, then sign and submit your form.
If you cannot change your electoral enrolment details online:
For help updating your enrolment details, call 13 23 26.