On this page, you'll find information about using BPAY to pay for your vehicle registration renewal.
Where can I get my BPAY details?
You can get BPAY details while you Renew a vehicle registration online. Simply choose BPAY as your payment type, and the system will generate the BPAY Biller Code and Reference Number. You must enter your registration renewal billing number to get your BPAY details.
What is the BPAY process?
When you choose the BPAY option during your registration renewal, you’ll be given a BPAY Biller Code and a Reference Number. Once you have your BPAY Biller Code and Reference Number, you can make the payment through your financial institution’s banking website or phone banking service.
Why is the BPAY process different?
To renew your registration online, you’ll need a current CTP insurance policy and an eSafety Check (if applicable) before your BPAY Biller Code and Customer Reference Number can be generated. This is a little different to most BPAY processes, because you’d normally find the BPAY Biller Code and Reference Number on a bill or invoice.
How long does BPAY payment take?
BPAY payments normally take 2 or 3 working days (not including Saturday or Sunday) to reach us. This means that, if you make a payment over the weekend, it could take as long as 4 to 5 calendar days before we receive the payment.
Please note: The registration will not be renewed until the full payment has been received.
Why did my BPAY payment fail?
There are a number of reasons BPAY payments might fail while attempting a vehicle registration renewal. The most common reasons are:
- the Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance policy expired before the payment was processed
- the payment amount did not match the registration fees due
- the registration has been cancelled
the eSafety inspection report (previously known as a pink slip) has not been received.
What should I do when my BPAY payment fails?
You'll need to:
- contact your bank or financial institution, and ask them to do a BPAY investigation – we can help if you call us on 13 77 88, and
- try renewing your vehicle registration again.
Before you try again, you can:
- Check your CTP policy ‘use by’ date, if the registration has a 3 month or 6 month term. You can find the use by date on your green slip, or by contacting your insurer. If you’re paying by BPAY, you must make the BPAY payment at least 3 business days before the use by date, or the registration will not be renewed and you’ll need to get a new 12 month green slip.
- Check your BPAY payment details, and try renewing online again.
- Use a different payment method, like a credit card.
What is BPAY?
BPAY is a payment process that lets you make payments using your financial institution’s banking facilities. To make a BPAY payment, you need to give a BPAY Biller Code and Reference Number to your financial institution, either through the banking website or phone banking service. For more information, visit the BPAY website.