Financial counselling and advice

You can contact these services for help with your financial situation.

Rural Financial Counselling Service NSW — Northern Region

Small businesses, farmers, fishers, foresters and other rural businesses impacted by storms and floods in the northeastern regions of NSW can access free, confidential support. 

Contact the Rural Financial Counselling Service NSW.

Fines, taxes and duties

You may be eligible for a payment extension, hardship assistance or other allowances from Revenue NSW in relation to: 

  • fines and overdue fines
  • taxes, duties, grants and royalties
  • payroll tax. 

Find out more about Revenue NSW natural disaster relief.

Australian Tax Office

For information about tax considerations when you are recovering from a natural disaster, visit the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).

The ATO provides free webinars and workshops for small businesses that need help in times of crisis. 

See more ATO business support and services.

Financial institutions

Banks offer help to customers affected by a natural disaster. This could include financial assistance packages, deferred loans, waived fees and grants. 

Contact your bank for details.

icare deferred premium payments

Businesses that have been impacted by storms and floods may be able to defer icare premium payments for up to 3 months. For more information, visit icare.

Related information

Last updated: 23 January 2024