Mental Health Line
- Call 1800 011 511 if you or someone you know needs mental health advice and support. Operates 24/7.
- Visit NSW Mental Health Line for information and details of other mental health services.
24/7 telephone services
- Lifeline Australia – 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue – 1300 22 4636
- Mensline Australia – 1300 789 978
- Kids Helpline – 1800 551 800 (for children and young people aged 5 to 25)
You can access mental health support by contacting:
- your local General Practitioner (GP)
- National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO)
- Mobile Service Centres
- Headspace Centre (for young people aged 12 to 25).
To speak with a social worker, call the disaster recovery assistance hotline on 180 22 66.
You may be eligible for free counselling sessions if you have been affected by a declared natural disaster and you have a mental health treatment plan.
Learn more about:
- mental health helplines
- where to get mental health help
- mental health professionals
- mental health care and Medicare.
Mental health services and resources
Black Dog Institute
Resources to help adults and children, community leaders, educators and healthcare practitioners:
Resources for young people affected by a natural disaster include:
Head to Health
Rural Adversity Mental Health Program
Resources, information and support for: