Call Emergency Triple Zero (000) if you or your children are in immediate danger.
Call the NSW Domestic Violence Line for free counselling and referral services. Available 24 hours, 7 days a week. Call 1800 656 463.
The NSW Domestic Violence website can provide you with a wide range of information about domestic violence if you are at risk or are concerned about another person.
The Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Service can provide you with information, advocacy and referrals if you or your children have been experiencing domestic and family violence. Call 1800 WDVCAS (1800 938 227).
Domestic and family violence can include, but is not limited to:
- controlling behaviour
- physical violence
- sexual assault
- emotional abuse
- technology facilitated abuse
- financial abuse.
If you are in or are planning to leave a violent relationship, it is important to make a safety plan first.
If you, or someone you know, is impacted by domestic and family violence, the following transactions and services may assist in establishing and maintaining safety.
Browse our selection to locate the transactions relevant to you.
Change address with NSW government
Change your address in one go for your MyServiceNSW Account and your:
- driver licence and vehicle registrations
- boat licence and vessel registrations
- RSA/RCG competency card and other liquor and gaming records.
Personal information and MyServiceNSW account
To make an application to have your address suppressed, call 13 77 88.
Vehicle registration, licence, and tolls
- Change address (driver licence, vehicle registration or other road licence records)
- Change address and contact details (boat licence, vessel registration or other maritime licence records)
- Change the details of your garaging address (individual)
- Change the details on a conditional vehicle registration
- Change the details of a heavy vehicle
- Change the customer details on a personal E-Toll account
- Change address and contact details on a private mooring licence
- Change the address of a P-plater holding a passenger exemption letter
- Replace number plates
- Replace a NSW driver licence online
- Transfer an overseas driver licence
- Transfer an interstate driver licence
- Replace a vehicle's registration certificate
- Replace a registration renewal notice
- Transfer a vehicle registration
- Request a Work and Development Order
Housing and property
- Apply to redirect personal mail online
- Apply to redirect personal mail as a concession card holder
- Apply to redirect business mail
- Apply to get your residential bond back (tenants)
- Apply for Rentstart bond loan
- Access private rental assistance
- Access the Rent Choice subsidy
Ending a tenancy
If you or your dependent child are in circumstances of domestic violence, you can end your tenancy immediately without being penalised. You will need to give a domestic violence termination notice to the landlord and each co-tenant.
Concession, support and ID cards
Birth, death and marriage certificates
Other support and useful contacts
Government resources and services
- NSW Communities and Justice - Domestic Violence resources
- Services Australia - Family and Domestic Violence
- Mental health support
- E-safety program for women
- Insurance claims and legal support
- Escaping Violence Payment
- Legal Aid NSW
- Savings Finder
- Get legal information online
- Prepare your documents in case you need to leave home in an emergency
- Coercive control
Other resources and services
- Domestic violence NSW
- Health Direct – Domestic and abusive relationships
- White Ribbon Australia - Help Lines
- RSPCA Community Domestic Violence Program
- Sunny App: Sunny is 1800RESPECT’s app for women with disability. It can support you if you have experienced violence and abuse.
- Daisy App: Daisy is an app that provides information about support services in your area.
- Ask Izzy: Find local support services
- Wirringa Baiya: Aboriginal women's legal centre. A NSW State-wide community legal centre for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, children and youth.
- Redfern legal Centre Financial Abuser Service NSW: Free legal advice and support across NSW
- ACON LGBTIQA+ service finder
- Safety Check: Apple iPhone users can use the Safety Check feature to quickly stop sharing information or to review and update sharing with individual people and apps.