Service NSW news articles and media releases are point-in-time statements. Please note the date of issue.
Recovery Centres and assistance points continue to open their doors to flood-affected communities across NSW, with new facilities now operating in Cessnock, Nimbin, Ulladulla and Woodburn.
Minister for Emergency Services and Resilience and Minister for Flood Recovery Steph Cooke said Recovery Centres provide individuals, families, farmers and business owners easy access to a range of Government support, services and advice.
“We now have 14 Recovery Centres and assistance points in the Northern Rivers, four in the Hawkesbury-Nepean Valley, three on the Central Coast, two on the South Coast, two in the Hunter region and one in the Southern Highlands,” Ms Cooke said.
“Each Recovery Centre is operated by Resilience NSW staff and bring together a range of NSW Government agencies, community organisations and service providers under one roof.
“The trauma our flood-affected communities right across the State continue to suffer is immense. This is why we are doing everything possible to help residents kickstart their recovery journey.”
Recovery Centres and assistance points provide access to accommodation, lost document replacements, mental health and wellbeing services, business support, clean-up services, financial assistance, and insurance and legal support.
To view the opening hours of each Recovery Centre and assistance point, go to recovery centres.
Recovery Centres are now operating at:
- Ballina: Ballina Surf Club, Lighthouse Beach Parade, East Ballina
- Casino: Casino Community and Cultural Centre, 35 Walker Street, Casino
- Cessnock (assistance point): Wollombi Tennis Club, 2979 Paynes Crossing Road, Wollombi
- Grafton: Old St George Bank, 32 Prince Street, Grafton
- Kyogle: Kyogle Memorial Institute, 131 Summerland Way, Kyogle
- Lismore: V Block, Southern Cross University, Military Road, East Lismore
Londonderry (assistance point): Londonderry Community Hall, 360 Carrington Road, Londonderry
Lower MacDonald (assistance point): St Albans School of Arts and Walmsley Road, Lower MacDonald
Maclean (assistance point): Maclean Community Centre, 50A River Street, Maclean
- Mullumbimby: Mullumbimby Civic Memorial Hall, 55 Dalley Street, Mullumbimby
- Murwillumbah: Murwillumbah Civic Centre Auditorium, 10-14 Tumbulgum Road, Murwillumbah
- Nimbin (assistance point): Nimbin Neighbourhood Centre, 81 Cullen Street, Nimbin
- Riverstone (assistance point): Riverstone Neighbourhood Centre, Riverstone Neighbourhood Centre, 9 Park St, Riverstone
- Shoalhaven (assistance point): Kangaroo Valley Hall, Moss Vale Road, Kangaroo Valley
- South Golden Beach (assistance point): South Golden Beach Hall Corner Helen St and, Pacific Esplanade, South Golden Beach
- South Windsor: South Windsor Family Centre, 6 Greenhills Way, South Windsor
- Spencer (assistance point): Spencer Community Hall, 4776 Wisemans Ferry Road, Spencer
- The Entrance (assistance point): Diggers at The Entrance, 315 The Entrance Rd, Long Jetty
Ulladulla (assistance point): Ulladulla Civic Centre, 81B Princes Highway, Ulladulla
Upper Main Arm (assistance point): Kohinur Hall, 1297 Main Arm Road, Upper Main Arm
Upper Wilsons Creek (assistance point): Lilium Café, 10 Huonbrook Road, Upper Wilsons Creek
Wingecarribee (assistance point): Moss Vale Civic Centre, 68 Elizabeth Street, Moss Vale
- Wisemans Ferry: The Retreat, 5564 Old Northern Road, Wisemans Ferry; and
- Woodburn (assistance point): Woodburn Op Shop, Corner of River and Cedar Streets, Woodburn.
For those wanting to be assisted remotely, Service NSW is operating as an online one-stop shop, with Customer Care specialists also available on the phone via 13 77 88.