Why we collect your personal information
Service NSW and the NSW Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) are collecting your personal and business information to process your application to become a NSW Seniors Card (including the NSW Senior Savers Card) participating business. Service NSW will collect and share all information you provide with DCJ, who is the agency responsible for the NSW Seniors Card program.
Service NSW and DCJ give priority to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We do this by handling personal information in a responsible manner and in accordance with NSW Privacy Law: Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
Types of information we collect
Service NSW and DCJ collect information about you and your business through the online registration form, and other channels such as email or by phone. The personal and business information we collect includes:
- your full name and email address
- business details (business name, ABN, tradesperson licence number, business phone number (optional), outlet addresses, outlet discount details).
Providing us with the requested information is not required by law – it's voluntary. However, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information, Service NSW and DCJ may not be able to provide you with the services and support you may require.
How we will use and disclose this information
Service NSW and DCJ use the personal information we collect about you and your business to:
- provide details about your business to the Office of Fair Trading (part of the NSW Department of Customer Service) to verify the integrity and reputation of your business and assess whether your business is suitable for the program.
- publish information about your business (including name, location, logo, contact details and offer) on the Seniors Card website, the Service NSW mobile app, the Seniors Card discount directory or in any other communication platforms and publications relating to the NSW Seniors Card program.
- communicate with you about the program, including to provide you with information about the program by mail to your address or by email, to verify the personal and business information you have provided, or to request further information relevant to your participation in the NSW Seniors Card program.
To resolve customer enquiries, Service NSW and DCJ may also share your name and business contact number with others who are authorised to act on behalf of the business.
Service NSW collects, maintains and uses information about you for our internal administrative purposes, including for the purpose of interacting with you.
Service NSW and DCJ will not disclose your personal information to anyone else unless you provide your consent, or we are required or authorised to do so by law.
Protecting your information
Service NSW and DCJ will take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, or other misuse.
Accessing your information
You may ask for access to the information we hold about you at any time and request to update, correct or amend your personal information by calling 13 77 88.
For further details about how Service NSW collects and manages personal information, how you can access and correct it, raise concerns about an alleged breach of privacy law or other relevant legislation, or to make a privacy complaint, see our privacy statement.
2-24 Rawson Place
Sydney NSW 2000
For enquiries about the NSW Seniors Card program, please contact: